How it's Going.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

In Which I Hike and Narrowly Avoid Death by Lightning

Woke up still sick but I thought, "Well hell, I can be sick at home or be sick out enjoying this GORGEOUS day." I chose option B. My husband and I went to "our" trails and hiked for a little over an hour.
This was the view of my favorite trail. Back when I was running I used to LOVE to run on this.

 I figured that since all the kids were in school and the parents at work, we'd have the trails to ourselves (which I prefer). Uh, no. Some LARGE group decided that today was a good day to bring about fifty people to my little state park. >.<  It was okay. They weren't serious hikers so once I got about half a mile into the trail it was clear.
This was the view from the bridge at the 1.5 mile point. My husband and I took a break here to listen to the water run and watch the leaves drift down to the water. It was so peaceful.
I had planned to take it easy on the trail since I still am not feeling well but once I got going I threw that idea out with about a gallon of sweat. Once we got back to the car I paid for it. I was so wiped and I was having a hard time breathing thanks to all the congestion and lung gunk. After we got home I ended up laying down for about an hour. That's all I could rest for though because my boys had soccer tonight. My oldest, Noah, had a game that was going to decide if they had to go to tournament or not. It was a shut out victory for them (3-0).
Noah is in blue. Shortly after this shot he recovered the ball from the green team and kicked it almost all the way to the goal. He's got one hell of a leg on him.

The boys got both coaches with the water jugs. =)

My Noah (right before he took the water jug and dumped it over his coach).
Malachi is a power striker and right after this picture he took that ball straight to the goal.
Sorry. I'm a very proud mother.
So I got a good workout in and my boys dominated on the field. Thankfully Noah's game ended before the light rain coming down turned into the crazy ass storm that's going on right now. Oh well, that's Ohio for you. If you don't like the weather, wait a minute...it'll change. 


1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! Good to see lots of youngsters playing the best sport in the world too! I just hope they dont grow up to play for the USA and beat England! haha

    ReplyDelete