How it's Going.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Rough Patch

So it's been a rough patch the last couple of days. Life. Work. Everything. My eating has been fine but I haven't been able to work out and that's been bumming me out. I hear people complain all the time about how they don't have time to work out and usually they're full of crap. I normally have plenty of time to work out. I work twelve hour shifts at the hospital so I only work three days a week. I also work nights so I have the treadmill all to myself and the free weights all to myself. My office is my workout room and I don't worry about waking anyone because once I close the door the noise is pretty much gone. I don't work out on the days I work because anyone who works twelve hour shifts will tell you that on work days you go to work, you go home, you sleep. That's pretty much it. Well this last few days has been hell at work. In the last two nights I've had to: call security to remove a visitor who was threatening a patient, call family to come in at two in the morning because a patient was completely off their rocker and throwing a fit, deal with the constant whining of two drug abusers who kept calling out for their pain medicine five minutes after I'd just given it to them, and help work a Code. At home I've been dealing with end of soccer season tournaments and two boys who absolutely refuse to do their chores and a husband who is coming down with what I had. I am confident that the next few days will be better. For now I will breathe and go make dinner.

1 comment:

  1. I'm never going to complain about my work ever again! What a complete nightmare you're facing with all those crazy people! LOL

    ReplyDelete