How it's Going.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

I'm Not Gone

Been awhile huh? Lol. Sorry, but it's been busy for me and finding the time to blog has had to be worked into the schedule along with the rest of my crazy life. My Anniversary weekend was SO AWESOME. We had such a blast at the Creation Museum. Then we got back and I had to work the next two days. On a quiet night at work I can find time to blog but Monday and Tuesday were anything but quiet. Those days are always big surgery days and as you can imagine, post-op patients are very needy. I have been humming along though. The weather here has been rainy and cold but I love the fall weather and the cold gives me an excuse to wear my new Creation Museum hoodie. I have done really well with packing my lunch...until tonight! I still need to work on my water intake. It's not a matter of a lack of good water, the water/ice machines dispenses purified water, it's just a matter of breaking my addiction to soda. I have a serious addiction to diet soda.  I don't even think it's the caffeine. I think I'm addicted to the chemicals in the soda. I can stop drinking caffeine and aside from a mild headache have no problems.If I try to give up the diet soda though...I'm a raging beast. This alone is enough to tell me that I absolutely must get rid of the soda, but it's going to be tricky. I have to try a step down method. I'm replacing the diet soda with water a little bit at a time. I'm hoping to be off it completely in a year. On a lovely lighter note (pun intended), I went to the uniform store to buy new uniform pants and the cashier made me feel so great. I bought two pair of pants and when I went to checkout, she told me I'd pick up the wrong size. I told her that I usually bought my pants a size or two big because I liked them loose and comfy. She said, "A size or two is one thing but these are WAY too big for you." It made me smile because they were only two sizes bigger than my starting pant size. Yay me!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good time!

    Have you thought about going from drinking soda to drinking fizzy flavoured water and then gradually moving onto normal water? It might or might not work. It helped me lots, i rarely drink coke, pepsi etc anymore but when my friend tried it, she just couldnt get into the habit. It might be worth a go if you find that you're struggling.

    ReplyDelete