How it's Going.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Arrrgh

Arrrgh. That's how I feel because my treadmill STILL is not fixed! Boo! I have not had a workout in a week because of this. Yes, I have workout videos but they do not motivate me or satisfy my need to sweat like my treadmill. I have a long and deep friendship with my treadmill. I don't think of it as a "dreadmill" because it offers me it's soothing hum of stress relief and weight loss whenever I want it. I never have to worry about the weather, my clothing, or the time of day. Maybe I don't mind the treadmill's monotony because I'm not training for a race and I've been a runner for a LONG time (regardless of the pounds I've put on and my not-so-steady running/walking schedule). I don't get bored because once my body gets past the initial "settling in" part of the run, my mind is free to go all stream of consciousness and sort through whatever needs to be sorted. Without talking to a single person or settling on a specific plan of action, this streaming is ridiculously helpful in relaxing me. I usually listen to music but I'll be honest, sometimes I get through half my playlist before I realize the music's on. So I've backed my hubs into the proverbial corner and threatened the withholding of sex if my buddy's not fixed PRONTO. I predict it will be fixed tomorrow. ;-p

1 comment:

  1. i'm surprised he wasn't fixing it as you were writing this out! LOL

    ReplyDelete