How it's Going.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

It Worked and I'm Stressed

For the love of all things Holy, make it stop! I knew my legs would hurt (hurt is really an understatement) today but my abs are killing me. Thank God for ibuprofen 600s. Yesterday I wasn't sure that the workout even touched my abs. Obviously it did. Ye-ouch! Oh, but it is such sweet pain. Now if I could just get some more sleep before work tonight life would be even more grand. I'll just put the kettle on and make some Sleepytime. A couple of cups of that should relax me enough to sleep. Hopefully. I'm so stressed right now because my hospital has had a low census for the last three weeks and they've been calling people off every night. I've been called off twice in the last two weeks which has really taken a chunk out of my check. I'm supposed to work tonight and tomorrow and I'm VERY worried that they'll call me off. I have no vacation time so I'm not getting paid to be called off. I can't afford to be called off. I'm rambling I know. Pray for me. I need to work. What I need is a freak ice storm to come in and cause about ten or fifteen people to fall and break a hip or a shoulder or anything really. Ugh! Winter is usually the busiest time for hospitals. Maybe I should switch hospitals. *sigh* I'd hate to do that but let's face it....I need to take care of my family and myself.

3 comments:

  1. One person's misfortune... that's too funny. Just MINOR injuries, you don't want bad karma! Shouldn't there be some kind of rotating schedule where you can't be sent home so often? Everyone should be cut the same amount, dang it! Where's Norma Rae when you need her???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly, Rebecca - I'm with Tim. I will be keeping fingers AND toes crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete