How it's Going.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Biting Bullets and Making Compromises

I've been complaining to my husband for awhile now that I want to get a weight bench and expand our free weights because I LOVE pumping iron. I know that the common view of gorgeous is rail thin but I find that completely unattractive. I think the fitness and figure competitors like Jennifer Nicole Lee, Jamie Eason, and Tosca Reno are the most beautiful women in the world. They are the epitome of health. Strong, confident, and still sporting some curves. Before my children came into being, this was the path I was on. My husband and I were workout partners in our early days of dating, when I was in firefighting school, and he's been mentioning getting a Bowflex. After pricing different setups I told him I should just bite the bullet and join a gym because then I could have ALL the equipment at a fraction of the cost. He kind of poo-poo'ed it and so I let it go. Then yesterday he presents me with a card for my key chain and a new iPod classic. The card was a membership card to a gym. He bought me a gym membership and an iPod for Christmas! I thought it was too good to be true...then came the catch. He's tired of eating low-carb and wants me to try calorie counting instead. I was flabbergasted. We'd been down this road before. Calorie counting drives me crazy and leaves too much room for binge triggers. So we compromised. I said we'd switch to Eating Clean and then I wouldn't really need to count calories and he'd get a bit of (whole grain) pasta. We'll see how this goes. I'll keep you updated. As for now, I can't get to the gym until Tuesday but I have a free personal training session scheduled for Tuesday morning. In the immortal words of Mario, "Here we go!"

2 comments:

  1. My husband bought me a gym membership for Christmas last year and I LOVE it! I don't use any of the weight lifting equipment or even the circuit, just the treadmills, arc trainers, elliptical and bikes (occasionally). I find that the other people at the gym push me to work harder or longer or move faster. They don't know it, but when someone is next to me I feel a bit competitive and I hope I do that for them! I actually bumped into an old friend from high school and we wind up meeting up unintentionally a few times a week. We shoot the breeze while getting in our workout and it makes it go faster.

    Have fun on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Typical men, always after something!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete