How it's Going.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Down with the Sickness

I have been quite out of sorts the last five days or so. You know that feeling when you're not really sick-sick but you feel like you're coming down with something? That's been me. I didn't have to worry about eating poorly on Thanksgiving because I was scheduled to work and my husband took the boys to his step-dad's family dinner. I ended up getting a call when I was half-way to work and they told me I HAD to be flexed/on-call because the hospital bed census was down. (Quick explanation: bed census=number of patients currently admitted. Low bed census=need for fewer nurses.) Although I usually don't mind being flexed (would YOU mind your job calling and saying, "Hey, want to get paid to stay home tonight and NOT get in trouble for it or have to make up some lame excuse for calling in?") I DID mind that night. Spending Thanksgiving alone was not my idea of a good time. Plus I missed out on the bonus money. (Insert frowny face of your choice here) The next night I went in to work and ended up being sent home after six hours for the same reason. Note to self: find job at busier hospital when move to California. By then Black Friday was in full swing and I did not want to deal with the crazies so I went home to let the hardcore shoppers get their 42" tvs for $238 at Wal-Mart. Later that morning I did go out with the boys and the husband but it wasn't for gift buying. I just wanted to take advantage of the sales to get some necessities. I took the boys to Burlington to get their winter gear (Two 3-in-1 system jackets, two pair waterproof gloves, two fleece-lined winter hats, and one pair of Addicted jeans = $130. Thank you very much.) Then I took my husband out to the too-tall-and-muscled-for-regular-clothing-stores store, he's 6'6" and worked construction before he became a chef, and picked him up two shirts and two pairs of jeans for buy one get one free. Then I went to Lame Bryant and got a nice pair of jeans for %50 off. They're a bit dressier than I usually wear but I have Christmas concerts and pageants coming up and my kids refuse to let me wear my scrubs to them. It's raining here today so even though I'm feeling better I don't foresee me doing much aside from running out to escape the children briefly and pick up the new copy of Interweave Knits. I might go to church with the hubs and kids this morning since I missed last night but we'll see. That's a long story.

2 comments:

  1. It sucks that you were alone on Thanksgiving, I'm going to be alone on my birthday soon I will share your suffering LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not nice to use that title because now I have that song running through my head. LOL

    ReplyDelete